Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Journey to Blogging...

Well, after a boring morning at work I have finally decided to start a blog!  This is something that I've been thinking about doing for quite some time in order for people to be able to stay updated on the craziness that is my life.  Not sure if I have anything profound to say on here, but if nothing else it will give me another tool to stay connected with people. 

So here's the latest update on my life:
I am finishing up my Master's in Public Health with a concentration in Community Health from the UNT Health Science in Center in Fort Worth.  I will graduate in December, and can't wait for that day!!!  I am so ready to be able to devote all my time and studies to what I truly love - Midwifery!  I am apprenticing to become a Certified Professional Midwife with Donna Miller out of Gentle Beginnings Birth Center in Hurst.  (I'm sure you'll hear much more about this in the future!)  I feel extremely blessed with the opportunity to train under such godly and skilled midwives! 

I am also currently working for the School of Public Health part-time in the Office of Student & Academic Services.  I have really appreciated having this job because they are very flexible with my midwifery stuff.  Unfortunately I will lose this job and my source of income in December when I graduate. 

In May I also moved in with a family from my church - the Burrs.  The opportunity to live with them has been a tremendous blessing and provision as well as a source of much joy!  There are 5 children ranging in age from 1yr to 16yrs, so there is rarely a quiet moment in the house, but I love it! :)

So that is the brief update of where I am today.  There will be more details to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment